Technology strategy is the overall plan which consists of objectives, principles and tactics relating to use of technologies within organizations like yours. In an era of challenges and uncertainty, strategy is more important than ever. Accuratica offers exclusive consulting services to help small and medium companies develop and execute winning strategies.
What Is Technology Strategy
And Why It Matters?
The Accuratica Technology Strategy consulting service main deliverable is a master plan with clear objectives, principles and tactics on how to use certain technologies in your company to accomplish a set of business goals. We can help you create the right strategy, develop the solution, deliver it in production, measure the results, and provide technical support and maintenance.
It can be focused in one function or area of your company, a branch, or the entire organization. It is only possible to create a sound technology strategy because we gather the knowledge about your business domain, the market you operate (industry specifics, competitors, and so on), your internal business processes, your collaboration network, your major gaps, and your goals for a definite period of time.
The right technology strategy:
- Focus on new business, new revenue and market activation.
- Delivers new ways to work using better insights and responsive operations.
- Helps achieve constant innovation and create value.
Aligned With Your Business
A strong strategy provides a detailed blueprint of how technology supports your organization’s business strategy. Such detailed plan primarily focus on the implementation and deployment of the technologies themselves, but it also focus on the people who directly manage and use those technologies. Ideally, the technology strategy supports your business projects and take into consideration the needs and wants of your key stakeholders, including employees, customers and business partners.
Technology challenges the way your company coordinate your business processes, communicate with your customers and potential customers, and deliver your products and services.
There is no magic formula to help align technology and business, but there are tools to help them navigate together to meet expectations and goals. Strategy. When you have your business strategy complemented by the right technology strategy they both work together with perfect synergy. In this scenario, your company structures lean towards breaking silos, decentralizing resources, shifting them closer to end-users, and improving customer experience.
How It Works
Accuratica developed an effective methodology for creating a custom-made technology strategy aligned with your business. It is comprised by three phases – discovery, assessment, and implementation.
First, our consultants gather information about your business during one to four weeks depending on the size of your organization, industry specifics, and other parameters. Our consultants have extensive experience in designing the right technology strategy for your needs. The areas covered are:
- Current business strategy and goals.
- Analysis of critical business processes (that can improve the operation and profitability).
- Older / legacy systems and technology resources analysis – evaluate costs and value to the bottom-line.
- Technology spending priorities.
- Current technology assets and deployments.
- Gap analysis of the major technology initiatives (e.g. systems integration, online presence, core systems updates / upgrades).
- Technology priorities – what improvements can be accomplished over the short term.
- Multiple systems consolidation analysis – what efforts may reduce labor, licensing, energy, or hardware costs.
- Opportunities to automate manual business processes and repetitive tasks.
- Service levels required for technology.
- Technology users survey – determine quality of existing infrastructure.
The main deliverable is a comprehensive findings report and presentation.
The findings report is then presented to your top stakeholders for discussion. After the main business opportunities are discovered and discussed the master plan for technology in your company is designed and presented. This phase may take one to two months. The areas covered by this phase are:
- Top business opportunities to focus.
- Analytics measurement for tracking results
- Innovative technologies for meeting business objectives.
- Detailed budget.
A detailed master plan for implementation.
The strategy is implemented and the technology projects are deployed. The business results are measured and the plan is fine-tuned to maximize outcomes. This phase’s duration is usually unknown until the completion of the assessment phase.
Projects implementation, analytics data, results.
The synergy between business and technology through strategy in your company allows you to approach the competitor chain in a considerable different way:
- Increased profitability
- Better customer experience
- Improved collaboration
- Faster time-to-market
- Strategic technological transformation
- Greater industry and technology agility
Accuratica consultants help you align your business operating model with modern technology principles bringing solutions that empower your teams to deliver new business outcomes.